Winter Creative Writing Assignment
Elevate your writing curriculum and infuse seasonal fun into your classes with this Winter Creative Writing Assignment. Students step into the shoes of characters such as a winter coat, ice skates, a coffee shop owner, a local sledding hill, and a lost mitten, crafting imaginative written products based on character-specific writing prompts.
Using the RAFT format (Role, Audience, Format, Topic), students choose from five distinct writing options. This hassle-free, no-prep creative writing task sparks enthusiasm and active participation during ELA class.
This Winter Creative Writing assignment is also included in the Creative Writing Year Long Bundle, the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1, and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Key Features of this Resource:
✅ Comprehensive Teacher Instructions
✅ One Engaging Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
✅ Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
✅ Points-Based Grading Rubric (Final Percentage Mark)
✅ PDF & Google Slides Formats
Save Money Buy The Bundle
This resource is also found in the Creative Writing Full Year Bundle. Keep your students engaged and learning even during the excitement of the various holiday seasons! With this Creative Writing Full Year Bundle, students will enjoy a variety of holiday and seasonal-themed lessons while continuing to work on and reinforce their writing skills.
Winter Creative Writing Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “This is [a] great resource and has a lot of opportunities for student choice. I have used this resource with both a grade 8 class, and a grade 6/7 class and both enjoyed this opportunity to participate in a fun and engaging assignment. My students loved that they were also asked to add in images. I also enjoyed that this could be both a digital or written assignment so it appealed to everyone.”
- “My seventh-graders worked on this right before Christmas break and they really enjoyed it!”
- “Love the format of the RAFT writing and how it allows students to be very creative.”
Engage your students in writing this season with this versatile and ready-to-use Winter Creative Writing Assignment.
Want to learn more about this format?
More Creative Writing Resources:
- Rant Writing Unit
- Interactive Writing Prompts
- Creative Writing Year Long Bundle
- Creative Writing Prompts and Activities