Middle School Valentine’s Day Unit
This engaging Valentine’s Day Unit for middle school grades contains 5 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading, writing, and creativity skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Valentine’s Day traditions and prepare for a Valentine’s Day discussion about current customs.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit.
- The internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
Middle School Valentine’s Day Unit – Overview:
- Lesson 1: History of Valentine’s Day Video & Reading
- Lesson 2: Valentine’s Day Opinion Writing
- Lesson 3: Valentine’s Day Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 4: Valentine’s Day Creative Choice Board Assignment
- Lesson 5: Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment
Middle School Valentine’s Day Unit Includes:
- Digital and Print Lesson Formats
- Detailed Unit Plan
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- Assessment Rubrics (Levels & Points-Based)
- “This was a great resource to use on Valentine’s Day! It was perfect to print and use as station work. Thanks for sharing it!”
- “I used this last February. The students were interested in the video which led to great discussions. They easily completed the reading comprehension questions and you could see where their learning happened by the different kinds of answers given. It was easy to teach, mark, and count on students to be interested in doing. Would highly recommend this.”
- “I love all of the resources that I have purchased from 2 peas and a dog. The quality is fantastic, and the lessons are very easy to implement. The video links are always relevant & interesting, and the variety of tasks for students to work on allows me to pick and choose activities that will work well for my class.”
More Valentine’s Day Resources:
- Valentine’s Day Digital Escape Room
- Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment
- Valentine’s Day Non-Fiction Article
Related Holiday Resources:
Are you looking for ways to use these Valentine’s Day resources in the classroom? Check out this blog post.