Valentine’s Day Non-Fiction Article
This Valentine’s Day non-fiction article resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning. This article is also found in this Valentine’s Day Unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides formatted lessons to use with online tools such as Google Classroom.
This Valentine’s Day Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- 1 Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- 2 Audio Files (MP3) – 1 for each article
- 1 Pre-Reading Activity (K-W-L chart)
- 3 Post-Reading Activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions, and long answer writing)
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- “This was a great article to use the week leading up to Valentine’s Day for my 6th graders. I am a huge fan of the Article of the Week approach to teaching Non-Fiction texts, and this article didn’t disappoint.”
- “My students loved the information and the different question types. Thank you!”
- “Thanks for a great resource”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
Additional Engaging Valentine’s Day Resources: