Valentine’s Day Non-Fiction Article
This Valentine’s Day non-fiction article resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning. This article is also found in this Valentine’s Day Unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides formatted lessons to use with online tools such as Google Classroom.
Click Here To View The Preview
This Valentine’s Day Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- 1 Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- 2 Audio Files (MP3) – 1 for each article
- 1 Pre-Reading Activity (K-W-L chart)
- 3 Post-Reading Activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions, and long answer writing)
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- “This was a great article to use the week leading up to Valentine’s Day for my 6th graders. I am a huge fan of the Article of the Week approach to teaching Non-Fiction texts, and this article didn’t disappoint.”
- “My students loved the information and the different question types. Thank you!”
- “Thanks for a great resource”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
Additional Engaging Valentine’s Day Resources: