Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment
Celebrate Valentine’s Day in middle school with this Valentine’s Day creative writing assignment. Students will select one of the provided character roles – Lost Valentine, Candy Hearts, Box of Chocolates, Stuffed Animal, or Flowers – and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This no-prep – just photocopy and teach – creative writing assignment excites and engages students during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, e.g. Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
This Valentine’s Day Creative Writing assignment is also included in the Creative Writing Year Long Bundle, the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1, and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Click Here To View The Preview
Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom-ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Excited to offer so much choice in this assignment! I know my students will have fun with it.”
- “Students loved this as a Valentine’s activity. Great ideas, thanks!”
- “Well-organized as always. Fun activity!”
- “I used this resource for the first time this past Valentine’s Day and my classes were really engaged and excited to show me what they came up with! This was definitely a fun writing activity to do the week of Valentine’s Day.”
- A great activity to do throughout the week of Valentine’s. Students very much enjoyed. Thanks!”
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
More Valentine’s Day Resources:
Other Creative Writing Assignments: