Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment | PDF and Digital Formats: Celebrate Valentine’s Day in middle school with creative writing. Students will select one of the provided character roles: Lost Valentine, Candy Hearts, Box of Chocolates, Stuffed Animal, and Flowers and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This no-prep – just photocopy and teach Valentine’s Day creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this package:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Valentine’s Day Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “Excited to offer so much choice in this assignment! I know my students will have fun with it.”
- “Students loved this as a Valentine’s activity. Great ideas, thanks!”
- “Well-organized as always. Fun activity!”
- “I used this resource for the first time this past Valentine’s Day and my classes were really engaged and excited to show me what they came up with! This was definitely a fun writing activity to do the week of Valentine’s Day.”
- A great activity to do throughout the week of Valentine’s. Students very much enjoyed. Thanks!”
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments