The Wish Short Story Lesson | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on The Wish” by Roald Dahl focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Making Predictions
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “My students loved this story and all of the work with it. It was challenging for the kids and kept them occupied at the end of the year.”
- “Easy for my students to follow. Really helped in their understanding.”
- “Students loved this and so did I!”
- This resource is NOT editable.
- Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included.
- This lesson is included in the 6th Grade Short Story Unit.