The Titanic Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the tragic sinking of this luxury ship in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “I left this as work for when I have a supply teacher, as it’s easy to use and well-explained, and solid for evaluating reading comprehension skills.”
- “My students really enjoyed reading about the Titanic in this non-fiction article. Thanks for another great resource.”
- “Students were engaged in the reading and the tasks were curriculum appropriate.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles