The Street That Got Mislaid Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “The Street That Got Mislaid” by Patrick Waddington focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Making Predictions
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “Worked well in my classroom!”
- “A great addition to our short story unit”
- “Excellent resource. Easy to use and plan as the lesson was completely laid out for you.”
Are you looking for short story units?