The Scholarship Jacket Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “The Scholarship Jacket” by Marta Salinas focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 2.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “Love this resource! Very engaging and questions are aligned with standards.”
- “Never taught this story before. The resource was a great launching point for me. Many of the pages were of help in starting my unit planning. Students were able to utilize the worksheets to understand the text.”
- “Bought this to preview before purchasing the bundle of short stories. Very easy to follow instructions for teacher and student. Great resource!
Are you looking for short story units?