The Necklace Short Story | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on “The Necklace” by Guy de Maupassant focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “Easy to use and very helpful!”
- “Great for Intermediates… kids were engaged and enjoyed the activities. “
- “Great lesson and it would work really well in an FI class to go with some French lit”
Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This lesson is included in the Short Story Unit Middle School Bundle 1 .