The Mystery of the Loch Ness Monster Non-Fiction Article
Students will learn about the mystery surrounding the Loch Ness Monster in this Loch Ness Monster non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
This Loch Ness Monster Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular text)
- An audio file (mp3) of the article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program and these Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers.
- “Wow! So much more than I expected! Thank you for being so thorough…love the audio! I’m going to try this with my ESL class; I think they will love it! Great for in-class or distance learning.”
- “Great resource – both digital and paper versions included – great questions, nonfiction reading, and activities. Appreciate that there is a colour version AND a printer friendly version!!”
- “Such a fun and engaging resource!”
Other Non-Fiction Articles:
- Benefits of Reading
- Benefits of Exercise
- Dangers of Caffeine and Energy Drinks
- Celebrations and Holidays Bundle