The Mystery of Oak Island Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the mystery behind Oak Island near Nova Scotia, Canada in this non-fiction article. Legends claim that pirates buried their treasure on the island. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “I’m using this with my current events unit. This article was engaging, and the follow-up activities worked perfectly with my plans. The students enjoyed the content material.”
- “Students were engaged throughout the lesson”
- “My students enjoyed learning about Oak Island”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program and these Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers.
Other Non-Fiction Articles