The Mystery of Bigfoot Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the mystery behind Big Foot a huge creature said to live in the forests of Canada and the USA in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “My students loved using this resource. I combined it with a project to create a Bigfoot Survival Brochure.”
- “I am using the bigfoot portion with my class for [the] beginning of the year fun. We learn about bigfoot and his cousin – Yeti. Connects to mindset – yet!”
- “I needed to find a quick lesson for students because their teacher [was] out. This was perfect. They had no trouble reading the articles and completing the assignments with the sub.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles