The Homework Debate Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the positive and negative reasons associated with homework in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “I do a debate unit with my Gr. 9s for persuasive writing (leading to an essay). The articles were easy to understand and use for our in-class debates and writing points. This was a great prelude to doing further research.”
- “Great material to reinforce learning. Interactive and engaging.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles