The Hockey Sweater Short Story Lesson | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on The Hockey Sweater” by Roch Carrier focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Making Predictions
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- This resource is NOT editable.
- Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included.
- This lesson is included in the 6th and 7th Grade Short Story Units.
- “I really enjoyed this resource! I will definitely be looking into the bundles next year depending on my grade assignment!”
- “I purchased this mainly because it is one of my favourite books as well as for the fun way literary devices are included. There is so much more than that in this unit. Going from primary to junior I have been having trouble getting the students to dive into books a little more and this unit outlines how to do that. I especially love the text examples because we all know students need a lot of practice with citing their evidence from the text.”
- “The students really enjoyed reading this book because of the hockey connection and activities were well done.”
- “This is a great resource. It is very easy to follow.”