The Fun They Had Short Story Lesson | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on “The Fun They Had” by Isaac Asimov focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “This was really great to use on a day I had a sub! The kids really enjoyed the story.
- “Unique way to teach a timeless story.”
- “Your resources are perfect and make my life so much easier.”
- “Perfect quiz for story comprehension. “
- “So easy to prepare using this source. I really like the project that is included.”
Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This lesson is included in the Short Story Unit Middle School Bundle 1.