The Fun They Had Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “The Fun They Had” by Isaac Asimov focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 1.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “This was really great to use on a day I had a sub! The kids really enjoyed the story.
- “Unique way to teach a timeless story.”
- “Your resources are perfect and make my life so much easier.”
- “Perfect quiz for story comprehension. “
- “So easy to prepare using this source. I really like the project that is included.”
Are you looking for short story units?