The D.B. Cooper Mystery Non-Fiction Article
Students will learn about the mystery surrounding the only unsolved skyjacking in American history in this D.B. Cooper Mystery non-fiction article. In 1971, a man bordered an airplane and sent his demands to the FBI. He escaped with the ransom money and was never heard from again. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
This D.B. Cooper Mystery Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (regular and modified text)
- An audio file (mp3) of the article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this D.B. Cooper Mystery Non-Fiction Article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program and these Non-Fiction Graphic Organizers.
- “My students LOVED reading the article! They were so engaged with the story which improved their answers.”
- “My students really liked this resource. Great Work!!”
- “This was an engaging way to practice reading informational text to draw conclusions!”
Other Non-Fiction Articles:
- Benefits of Reading
- Benefits of Exercise
- Dangers of Caffeine and Energy Drinks
- Celebrations and Holidays Bundle