Test Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “Test” by Theodore Thomas focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 2.
Click Here To View The Preview
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “Worked well. Love your resources”
- “My students enjoyed reading the story, and the activities worked well!”
- “Thank you. Excited to use this with my class.”
- “Well done. My students will love this story and the activities.”
- “Wonderful! Really helped my kids dive deeper into the text!”
Are you looking for more short story units?