Test Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “Test” by Theodore Thomas focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict, as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols, and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 2.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “Worked well. Love your resources”
- “My students enjoyed reading the story, and the activities worked well!”
- “Thank you. Excited to use this with my class.”
- “Well done. My students will love this story and the activities.”
- “Wonderful! Really helped my kids dive deeper into the text!”
Are you looking for more short story units?