Summer Creative Writing Assignment
In this Summer Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles – ice cream store owner, student, tourism CEO, dog, or author – and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This no-prep – just photocopy and teach – creative writing assignment excites and engages students during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, e.g. Google Classroom and contains a Google Slides format.
This Summer Creative Writing assignment is also included in the Creative Writing Year Long Bundle and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Summer Creative Writing Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Summer Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom-ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
Summer Creative Writing Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Bought this to preview it before purchasing the bundle. Love the flexibility in the assignment and how creative students get to be.”
- “Students had a lot of fun with this!”
- “Great resource! Students enjoyed the selection of topics.”
Want To Learn More About RAFT Format?
Other Creative Writing Assignments: