Student Book Talk Assignment
Get your students excited about reading by listening to their peers’ book recommendations. In this book talk assignment, students have the option of persuading their peers to read or not read a book. This assignment is not your traditional book talk, as students must think of a creative way to present this to their classmates, i.e. dressing up like a librarian or pretending to be a character from the novel. This resource provides student choice on the book talk and gives example ideas to help students get started on planning their assignment once they have finished their novel.
- This product requires no prep – just print it, photocopy it, and use it in your classroom.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This lesson is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 and Oral Presentations Bundle.
Student Book Talk Assignment – Resource Contains:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Student Assignment
- Marks for Oral Presentations/Speaking
- Standards-Based Rubric
- Points Based Rubric
- Individual PDFs for Google Drive
- Google Slides Graphic Organizer for 1:1 Schools
Student Book Talk Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “This is a great assignment. My students loved it”
- “Very easy to use and engaging!”
- “Everything you need is here to get your students prepared! Very easy to follow”
Other Fantastic Book Assignments: