Spoken Word Assignment | PDF & Digital: Use this assignment to help students plan, write and present their own spoken word poem. Spoken word is an engaging way to bring public speaking and authentic writing into the classroom. These poems are an engaging way to get students to write and share their thoughts and opinions. This assignment is found in these units 6th Grade Poetry Unit, 7th Grade Poetry Unit, and 8th Grade Poetry Unit.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This assignment contains:
- Unit overview
- Daily lesson plans
- Writing process graphic organizers
- Spoken word video examples (must have reliable internet to access)
- Assignment sheet
- Editing sheet
- Assessment criteria
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides for 1:1 technology schools
- “Worked well in my classroom!”
- “A fabulous first assignment for drama class.”
- “Absolutely love the activities that build-up to the final task. I am using it for speaking and listening skills as well as for drama.”