Spoken Word Assignment
Use this Spoken Word Assignment to help students plan, write and present their own spoken word poems. Spoken word is an engaging way to bring public speaking and authentic writing into the classroom. These poems are an engaging way to get students to write and share their thoughts and opinions.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This assignment is also included in the 6th Grade Poetry Unit, the 7th Grade Poetry Unit, and the 8th Grade Poetry Unit, as well as the Oral Presentations Bundle 2 and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Spoken Word Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Unit Overview
- Daily lesson plans
- Writing process graphic organizers
- Spoken word video examples (must have reliable internet to access)
- Assignment sheet
- Editing sheet
- Assessment criteria
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides for 1:1 technology schools
Spoken Word Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Love the layout and directions of this unit. Students are pulled in throughout the tasks and the final products they create are incredible.”
- “Absolutely love the activities that build up to the final task. I am using it for speaking and listening skills as well as for drama.”
- “A fabulous first assignment for drama class.”