Smartphone Addiction Non-Fiction Article
Middle school teachers, are your students addicted to their phones? Help them learn about this addiction and how to break this habit with this Smartphone Addiction Non-Fiction Article. This exceptional resource is designed to engage and educate your students about the signs of smartphone addiction while providing valuable suggestions for fostering healthy smartphone habits. This resource provides three enriching reading activities that accompany the article. These activities are meticulously designed to enhance reading comprehension, boost standardized test readiness, and promote cross-curricular learning opportunities. Empower your students to become responsible digital citizens!
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- Audio Files (MP3) – 1 for each article
- Pre-Reading Activity
- 3 Post-Reading Activities
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- Delve into smartphone addiction through this informative article. Students will uncover insights and gain a deeper understanding of this topic.
- Foster critical thinking and reinforce learning with three engaging reading activities. These activities include comprehension questions, grammar exercises, and long-answer writing prompts to help students master key skills.
- To support your teaching experience, included is a detailed lesson plan, answer key and assessment rubric. These resources will help you streamline your instruction and provide valuable guidance throughout the learning journey.
- Accessible in both PDF and Google Slides formats, this bundle offers flexibility to suit your teaching style and classroom needs.
- “Another grade non fiction article for students to read and think about. Excellent grade level text, good comprehension and thinking questions.”
- “I purchased several of these nonfiction sets to use in my ELA classroom. Our current text book is very week on nonfiction. These were a great supplement to use with my 6th graders. They find the topics interesting and I love that they are easy to use and prep for.”
- “First of all, the topic has the attention of my students as they want to defend their use of phones. Second, the formats and extra resources here make this a well-formatted nonfiction text to study and gave ample opportunity for student to practice nonfiction reading skills. It fit nicely with some other articles we read, and this gave a platform for strong discussion. Again, their work is superb!”
With this thought-provoking article, your students will delve into the world of smartphone usage, understanding the potential pitfalls and ways to navigate them responsibly. Equip your students with the knowledge they need to make informed choices about their digital lives. Help them develop a balanced relationship with technology while staying engaged in the educational process.
Other Non-Fiction Articles