Smartphone Addiction Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the various signs of smartphone addiction as well as suggestions for healthy smartphone use in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “Have a few other non-fiction articles by this seller and this one is just as good. Led to some great conversations especially during distance learning.”
- “Another [great] non-fiction article for students to read and think about. Excellent grade-level text, good comprehension and thinking questions.”
- “This is a great resource that started some awesome discussion with my learners. It was nice to have options for the variety of levels of learners in the class as well.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles