Short Story Choice Board Assignment
Have your students stay engaged while responding to the short stories they have read. Use this Short Story Choice Board assignment to help differentiate the way your students respond to short stories.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom.
- The activity choices are very diverse and can apply to ANY short story read in class or independently.
- No teacher prep is required. Just print and photocopy it to use in your classroom.
- Tasks are scaffolded in their difficulty so all students in your classroom can meet success.
- Students are given a choice board with the main focus areas of Reading, Writing, Oral, and Visual/Media. Each topic has 3 different choices for each focus area. Students are required to select 1 option from each column to complete and then hand it in to be assessed. Task Examples: Comic Strip, Journal Entry, Alternate Beginning or Ending.
Short Story Choice Board Resource Includes:
- Short Story Choice Board (4 options)
- Student Tracking Sheet (to monitor progress and productivity)
- 4 Level Assessment Rubric
- Points-Based Assessment Sheet
- Individual PDFs to assist with online learning
Short Story Choice Board Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Great ideas! With so many short stories to teach this year, this is helping to break up the monotony of a routine. Thank you!”
- “Love the look of the product as well as the brilliant ideas! Perfect for short story units!”
- “An excellent source. My students loved to have the choices available. Much were focused and provided independence.”
- “Great variety in choices being offered! Students take more ownership in their work when they have a hand in selecting what they are going to do. Thanks!”
- “So many options! This product is just perfect. It allows for so many options for students and teachers. Thank you for your hard work!”
Are you looking for more engaging resources?