Public Swimming Pool Safety Non-Fiction Article
Students will learn about the various germs that live in public swimming pools in this Public Swimming Pool Safety non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
This Public Swimming Pool Safety Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “There is so much included here! Wow! Thank you! It’s perfect for my 2nd year HS ESL class! They are going to love the topic, and because of the different versions you’ve included of the text and audio, we all will be able to complete the same lesson. I’m so happy! Thank you!! :-)”
- “My students loved this resource. Thanks so much!”
- “Students enjoyed the article and its contents. Created great class discussion and questions were easy to follow. highly recommend.”
- “This was great for the start of the year as part of our intro to our article of the week. Thanks!”
Other Non-Fiction Articles: