Poetry Digital Escape Room | Digital and Editable: This poetry-themed digital escape room provides students with the opportunity to work independently or with their peers to solve 10 spring-themed challenges.
Students must solve the required challenges to “escape” the poetry museum storage room they accidentally got locked in. Participants will use their previous poetry knowledge as well as learn new things about this poetry while reinforcing their literacy skills. Students need to know what simile, metaphor and hyperbole are for this escape room.
This is a perfect activity to help build community and engage students in social-emotional learning for 6th, 7th or 8th grade. This digital escape room should take your students about 30 – 60 minutes to complete from start to finish. Times will vary depending on students.
Once this escape room is purchased, the teacher will get access to a Google Form link that is 100% editable and customizable for your classroom needs.
No prep is required from the teacher or students – all that is needed is a teacher Google Drive account. Students can use Google Forms without having a Google account.
- Digital Escape Room with 10 Challenges (“locks”)
- Detailed teacher directions in text and video format
- Answer Key
- Student Instructions
- Reflection Questions
- “Fantastic and fun for students to participate in.”
- “My students were so excited to try this. The challenges were at the exact right level to keep them interested and engaged, though nobody finished within the suggested time of 30 minutes. When I told them we were out of time (it was recess), they asked if we could skip recess to keep working on the challenges. Thank you for this!”
- “Perfect way to finish up my poetry unit. Pairs well with or without the poetry unit from this seller. My students loved this! Challenging enough to hold their attention but not overly challenging as to overwhelm them. Great resource!”
⚠️ PLEASE READ IMPORTANT: ⚠️ This escape room uses Google Forms and YouTube links. Check that your school district does not block these websites. I am not responsible for district firewalls that block external websites. Refunds will not be provided for district blocked sites due to the 100% editability of this escape room.
Looking for more digital escape rooms? Click here.
Other Poetry Resources