Podcast Creation Assignment
Use this Podcast Creation Assignment to help students learn about podcasts and then create their own. This resource contains 3 lessons to help students and teachers learn about this engaging media type. This assignment contains both PDF and Google Slides formats.
This resource contains elements from these resources. Do not purchase this resource if you own either of these resources.
Podcast Creation Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- 3 Lessons –
- Podcast Non-Fiction Article
- Podcast Comparison Analysis
- Podcast Creation Assignment
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides Format for 1:1 Classrooms
Podcast Creation Assignment – Lesson Overview:
- Lesson #1 Podcast Non-Fiction Article: This article contains a pre-reading K-W-L chart, regular and modified versions of the article, an audio file of each article, and 3 post-reading activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions and a long answer writing response).
- Lesson #2 Podcast Comparison Analysis: Students will review fiction and non-fiction podcasts and discuss what elements each contains.
- Lesson #3 Podcast Creation Assignment: Students will learn how to create their own podcast using this scaffolded method.
Podcast Creation Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “My students loved making their own podcast! This resource was very well laid out and went through the progression of learning about podcasts to creating their own. The project outlines were clear and supported students in meeting all the expectations of the assignment.”
- “I know this was designed for middle school, but I use it in High School as an introduction to podcasts and how to make a podcast. It’s a wonderful resource. I’ve used it many times and will continue to.”
- “This resource takes you through the podcast creation process from beginning to end. My students were very engaged and loved creating their podcasts. Well worth purchasing if you’re looking at creating podcasts with your class.”
- “This was a great resource to use for my students to help them with their media literacy skills. It was great to assign a podcast each day for them to listen to and do the short answers and quiz. Will definitely use again!”
- “We had so much fun with this. Now the kids want to use podcasts for everything! This resource provided everything that we needed to support the students in writing and creating a podcast.”
Are you looking for more podcast lessons? You can find them here.