Plastic Pollution Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the history of plastic and the pollution it creates in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “As always, another great resource for including non-fiction articles into the classroom. I used this at home with my own kids, but I can not wait to use [it] with my class next year. It also makes for a great cross-curricular tie-in when looking at human impacts on the environment, ecosystems, etc.”
- “Great resource!”
- “Worked well in my classroom!”
Other Non-Fiction Articles