Persuasive Writing Assignment Michael vs LeBron
In this engaging Persuasive Writing Assignment Michael vs LeBron, students practice gathering evidence from a podcast (oral text) and use that evidence to support their writing. After listening to the evidence presented by the podcast, students must decide who is the greatest of all-time (GOAT) basketball player LeBron James or Michael Jordan.
Language Warning: “Damn” is said twice, and “pissed off” is said once. One real swear word is said and properly bleeped out.
Persuasive Writing Assignment Michael vs LeBron – Resource Includes:
- Detailed teacher lesson plan
- T-Chart graphic organizer
- Persuasive writing assignment choice board (3 choices – essay, slideshow, podcast)
- Answer key
- Grading options: rubric or points-based
Persuasive Writing Assignment Michael vs LeBron – Teacher Feedback:
- “Loved this persuasive writing unit so much! I have quite a few basketball fans in the class and so it was quite the hit. Thanks!”
- “This was a great lesson that I could leave for one day with a sub (the listening and T-chart part). Students enjoyed it because it was sports-related.”
- “My students were so engaged in this activity. Basketball is of great interest in my room and they ate this up!”
- “Even my reluctant writers were excited about this writing activity!”
Try Other Engaging Resources: