Persuasive Writing Assignment – Michael vs LeBron | PDF and Digital Formats: In this engaging assignment, students practice gathering evidence from a podcast (oral text) and use that evidence to support their writing. After listening to the evidence presented by the podcast, students must decide who is the greatest of all-time (GOAT) basketball player LeBron James or Michael Jordan.
Language Warning: “Damn” is said twice, and “pissed off” is said once. One real swear word is said and properly bleeped out.
- Detailed teacher lesson plan
- T-Chart graphic organizer
- Persuasive writing assignment choice board (3 choices – essay, slideshow, podcast)
- Answer key
- Grading options: rubric or points-based
- “Excellent resource! Students loved it and it’s great to give them a few options of what they want to do with this assignment.”
- “This unit is clear, well organized, and easy to use. It was engaging for my students to use and my students were engaged. Thanks!”
- “This was a great lesson that I could leave for one day with a sub (the listening and T-chart part). Students enjoyed it because it was sports-related”
Try Other Engaging Resources