Parts of Speech Grammar Unit
Help your students develop a general understanding of key parts of speech in this unit. Students will learn about nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, prepositions and interjections in this unit. Each topic comes with a teacher-directed lesson (Google Slides and Student Reference Sheets), and then a student practice follow-up activity (fill in the blanks, colouring or matching). This unit is geared toward middle school students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
This unit is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 and Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Click Here To View The Preview
- Regular, reliable internet access is required to access the videos for this unit.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
Parts of Speech Grammar Unit – Lesson Overview:
- Lesson 1: Types of Nouns
- Lesson 2: Types of Verbs
- Lesson 3: Adjectives
- Lesson 4: Adverbs
- Lesson 5: Pronouns
- Lesson 6: Conjunctions
- Lesson 7: Prepositions
- Lesson 8: Interjections
Parts of Speech Grammar Unit – Resource Includes:
- Detailed lesson plans
- Differentiated and engaging activities
- Answer keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides Slideshow and Digital Unit Format
Parts of Speech Grammar Unit – Teacher Feedback:
- “Very useful resource, helped by saving planning time.”
- “This unit covered all of the parts of speech as a nice introduction for my students.”
- “Thank you for a great resource! My ESL students are reviewing parts of speech and this made it very accessible for them.”
- “This was an awesome resource for my intermediate students who needed some review/clarification on parts of speech.”
- “One area where my students often need help is with Grammar Skills, particularly Parts of Speech. This resource is just what I need to help address the gaps and to be able to individualize as needed. Everything designed by 2PeasandaDog is solid, engaging, and easy to use. Love the variety of activities here!”