Oral Presentations Bundle #2
Teaching students speaking and presentation skills is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation (speaking) skills with this Oral Presentations Bundle using these 4 different assignments: Good News, Product Pitch, Book Unboxing, and Spoken Word.
- The assignments in this Oral Presentations Bundle are provided in both PDF and digital (Google Slides) format.
- All of these assignments can be purchased as stand-alone assignments, but the best value is to buy them as a bundle.
This bundle is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
Click Here To View The Preview
Oral Presentations Bundle – Included Assignments:
- Persuasive Pitch Assignment: Fans of the TV shows “Shark Tank” and “Dragon’s Den” will love this assignment. Students will develop an idea of how to improve their school (e.g. installing recycling bins, creating a snack program, etc.) then they will pitch their idea to the judges (their classmates). After all of the presentations, students will vote on which idea they would invest their money in. This assignment is scaffolded into 5 different lessons.
- Good News Assignment: Students are constantly exposed to the news. It is important to showcase the good events that occur as well as the current events. In this assignment, students find a good news event to share with the class in an oral presentation. Students can present this information in a video format or a live presentation. This can be used with any non-fiction good news article.
- Spoken Word Assignment: Use this assignment to help students plan, write and present their own spoken word poem. Spoken word is an engaging way to bring public speaking and authentic writing into the classroom. These poems are an engaging way to get students to write and share their thoughts and opinions.
- Book Unboxing Assignment: Students love social media and YouTube culture. Use their knowledge and excitement to promote reading in your classroom. Students select 3 – 5 books they have read and unbox them for the class. Students can present this information in a video format or a live presentation. This can be used with any fiction or non-fiction book.
Oral Presentations Bundle – Resource Includes:
- Unit Overview
- Detailed lesson plans
- Graphic organizers
- Video examples (must have reliable internet to access)
- Assignment sheet
- Assessment criteria
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom
- Google Slides for 1:1 technology schools
Oral Presentations Bundle – Teacher Feedback:
- “My students found these assignments engaging and fun to do. I found this resource very easy to navigate and use. I would definitely recommend it!”
- “Great resources to change up some of my oral presentation assignments. Students were engaged and the assignments were easy to follow.”
- “This includes a variety of ways for students to demonstrate and improve their oral communication skills. Great activities and lessons. Thanks.”
- “As a grade 8 teacher who only teaches language and Social, its hard to come up with oral presentations that are relevant as I cannot plan cross curricular with other subjects. This resource provides some great projects that are not just book reports.”
- “The first Oral presentation bundle was great so bought the second one too. Well laid out and easy to use for both me and the pupils.”
Other Engaging Reading Assignments: