Ontario Report Card Comments for Grade 7 and 8 Learning Skills | Editable & Digital Formats: Comments are sorted by the 6 learning skills (organization, self-regulation, collaboration, responsibility, independent work, initiative). Comments for both Strengths and Next Steps are also included. Also includes virtual learning comments. Due to the variety of options, these comments can be used all year.
This resource also contains digital or paper student learning skills self-assessment options. The comments are 100% editable and available in a Google Doc™ or Google Forms™ format. Provided comments are written in dot jot format using positive asset tone language (i.e. student is encouraged to).
- Editable Google Doc learning skills comment bank for all 6 learning skills
- Editable Google Forms Comment Bank (Huge Time Saver)
- Comments use the male, female and gender-neutral pronouns (he/she/they)
- Strengths and next steps comments
- Paper student self-reflection
- Digital student self-reflection
- Learning skills format formula (the “formula” I use to write learning skills)
Sample Term 1 Comment: (Follows the Growing Success Format)
Strengths: Kristy arrives at school each day ready and eager to learn. She asks thorough questions during class discussions and frequently shares her ideas with her peers. Her classwork, homework, and assignments are completed with care and attention to detail. She has been extremely diligent in fulfilling her classroom jobs. She has demonstrated initiative this term by taking part in Marching Band. Kristy feels that she has met her Progress Report goal for Responsibility because she “brings back her assignments on time.” Upon reflecting on her Term 1 progress, Kristy feels that “initiative is my strength because I like to join clubs at school.”
Next Steps: Kristy is encouraged to use “bump it up” strategies to strengthen her work as she is always striving to create “Level 4” work. Kristy feels that her goal for Term 2 is to improve her Independent Work habits. “I regularly talk to my friends during class time and this results in more homework. I would like to focus more during classwork time.” She is encouraged to select good seats and group work partners that support her academic goals.
- “Another amazing product! Your comments and “writing style” mesh so well with mine; thank you for such a great time-saving tool. As educators, we know that there is never one set way of doing things that will work with all students; the same can be said about teachers and our approaches to report cards. Just like your other products, this resource will save me lots of time every year.”
- “This resource really helps avoid the learning skill comment drain and repetition. My comments look fresh and varied. I highly recommend it.”
- “This was extremely time-saving for writing report cards this past term. I love all of 2 peas and a dog resources! So well put together!”
Additional Report Card Comments