Novel Study Choice Board – 9 Activities For Any Novel
Teach novels? Need engaging activities that summarize student learning? Try these novel study choice board activities as the final end of the novel project. This is a no-prep – just photocopy and go activity for any fiction novel. Students are given a choice of 9 different activities to demonstrate their understanding of their novel.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This resource is also included in the Independent Reading: 14 Book Report Project Bundle.
Novel Study Choice Board – Assignment Includes:
- 3 Choice Boards
- Standards-based or Points-based grading
- Individual PDFs for Google Classroom use
Novel Study Choice Board – Sample Assignments:
- Design a Video Game Manual
- Symbolic Life Map
- Social Media Profile
- Oral Presentations
- Letter to a Movie Director
- Create a Blog
- News Story
Novel Study Choice Board – Teacher Feedback:
- “As always I just love your resources! Everything is always so user friendly! I really like the fonts you use as they’re appealing and do not take away from the content. The assessment rubrics are wonderful and always come in handy as I know they’re completely accurate. Thanks! :)”
- “Such creative options! I like that simple rubrics were included and that there is an option for those reading informational texts.”
- “Goodbye, boring book reports!! Thank you for this awesome, engaging product!”
- “New approach to old fashioned reports. My students love being able to choose and creatively express themselves. I also love the rubric which helps make grading a lot easier. This is something so simple and cost-effective but makes a big difference for my kids.”
Would you prefer a monthly book report? Try the 12 Different Genre Book Reports.
More Fantastic Reading Resources: