New Year’s Goal Setting Activity and Reflection Sheets
These New Year’s Goal Setting Activity and Reflection Sheets are a no-prep activity that gets students excited and engaged during their first week back at school. Help your students self-reflect with this step-by-step goal-setting activity.
Students will activate their reflection skills in a group setting and then transition to the independent task.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom.
New Year’s Goal Setting Activity and Reflection Sheets – Resource Includes:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Group Reflection Discussion Prompts
- 2 Goal Setting Graphic Organizers
- Google Classroom-ready PDFs
- Google Slides Format
New Year’s Goal Setting Activity and Reflection Sheets – Teacher Feedback:
- “This was a great back to break, welcome in the new year activity for my grade six class. Highly recommend this resource and TPT shop. Never disappoints!”
- “This was a great start back to school after the New Year – they loved the linked videos to support the reflection pieces.”
- “Great back to school activity after the winter break…generated important discussions about goals for the remainder of the school year.”
- “Very helpful way to start a new calendar year! I’m always looking for ways to get students to reflect on the past and plan toward the future!”
- “I had my students complete this along with a few other new years activities. It was nice and clear for the first couple days back to school:)”
- “I used this as an independent task with my students and they worked well on it! It was interesting to see some of the goals they were setting, especialy since we were online and it was a bit more difficult to conference with them one on one.”
- “The activities included allowed me to choose specific tasks for each class, as well as to differentiate between students in my class. This was a great transition back to school after winter break. It helped the students to reflect on last year and brainstorm goals they can work for this year. Thanks!”
More Engaging Holiday Resources: