My Life in Logos Paragraph Writing Assignment
Students will practice paragraph writing in a unique and engaging way by writing about logos that represent: their friends and family, entertainment choices, favourite foods, and things that remind them about their school. This assignment enables their teachers and classmates to get to know students better.
This My Life in Logos paragraph writing activity is a great get-to-know-you activity for any class. Students are engaged in writing because it directly relates to their lives, and they get to discuss items of interest to them. Use this assignment during the back-to-school season or before/after any holiday break to academically re-focus students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
My Life in Logos Paragraph Writing Assignment – Resource Includes:
- Teacher Instructions
- Assignment Sheets
- Brainstorming Graphic Organizers
- Assessment Criteria for Writing and Oral Presentation
- Example Paragraph
- Paragraph Writing Template
- Individual PDFs of student sheets
- Google Slides format
My Life in Logos Paragraph Writing Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “Excellent product! Very helpful and the kids are enjoying it too!”
- “Great assignment!! the kids loved it.”
- “Great “getting to know you” activity.”
- “This is a great activity! I used it when I was in a pinch, and the students loved it. It led to some really good writing.”
- “Love this!! My students had so much fun completing the activity.”
Other ELA Assignments: