Middle School Speech Writing Unit | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students write an engaging and informative speech with this step-by-step scaffolded public speaking unit. This 6 lesson unit will help your middle school students write a 2 – 5 minute speech and work on their public speaking skills.
- This resource contains Google Slides™ and individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom™.
- Lesson 1 – What Is A Speech?
- Lesson 2 – What Is An Effective Speech?
- Lesson 3 – Speech Brainstorming
- Lesson 4 – Speech Writing
- Lesson 5 – Speech Revising and Practicing
- Lesson 6 – Speech Presentations
- Detailed Teacher Instructions and Unit Plan
- Scaffolded Lessons
- Graphic Organizers
- Example Speeches
- Speech Planning Booklet
- Answer Keys
- Assessment Options (Levels or Points)
- Individual PDFs
- Google Slides
- “Public speaking is so hard for my students. This product is a great introduction to public speaking and walks the students through what to do. Super helpful!”
- “Excited to use this resource this year in grade 7. The resource is clearly laid out and easy to use.”
- “This resource is good for supply plans as it is straightforward for both students and teacher.”
- Internet is required to access online speech video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included