Middle School ELA Sub Plans – Topic: One Child Policy
These ready-to-go, no-prep Middle School ELA Sub Plans are perfect for middle school ELA classes. All the teacher needs to do is upload the sub plans to a secure online location, and then students can complete the engaging before, during, and after reading/viewing activities. Students will learn about the One Child Policy and its current updates.
- This lesson can be completed on paper or on the provided Google Slides.
- Curriculum Connections: This middle school ELA sub-plan can be used in the ELA, Geography, or other subject area classrooms.
This lesson is also included in the Middle School ELA Sub Plans Bundle, the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1, and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
- Student Assignment Sheet (Before, During, and After Reading Activities)
- Reading Comprehension Questions
- Journal Prompts
In This Lesson, Students Will:
- View a related video.
- Read an article.
- Answer comprehension questions.
- Complete a journal response.
- Reliable internet connection
- Provided assignment sheets
- Pen/Paper or digital writing tool (Google Docs/Slides)
Middle School ELA Sub Plans – Teacher Feedback:
- “I used these lessons as substitute lessons and students were able to complete all work independently. they were engaged and were able to related to our unit. It was great!”
- “This article and matching learning activity was very engaging and meaningful for my students. It helped them make real world connections while keeping their attention. Thank you!”
- “This is a great resource for getting discussion going as well as the included assignments. Thought provoking for my grade 8 English students, thank you.”
- “These articles always engage middle school students and are very accessible to many types of learners. The topic is interesting for this age group. The resource itself is straightforward to plan for and can easily be left with a supply teacher or used in a distance class.”
- “Thank you so much for sharing this resource! My students really were fascinated by China’s One Child Child policy. This paired really well with our Grade 8 Geography unit (Strand A); I incorporated this after the students had been introduced to population density, and it provided a really interesting real world example of a country that had chosen to control the population and the various factors (i.e. family structures and dynamics) that were impacted. The multiple choice questions with the click and drag circles was easy to assign in Google Classroom, and the Thinking Questions provided were thoughtful ones as well. Thanks, awesome resource!”
Are you looking for more Middle School ELA Sub Plans? Be sure to check out the Middle School ELA Sub Plans Bundle, or you can get the plans below individually: