Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle
Keep your students engaged and learning even during the excitement of the holiday season! With this Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle, students will enjoy a variety of holiday-themed lessons while continuing to work on and reinforce their reading and writing skills.
Middle School Christmas Unit: This engaging Christmas Unit contains 6 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading and writing skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Christmas traditions and prepare for a holiday-themed discussion about current Christmas customs. *This resource is focused on the North American commercial Christmas – this is not a religious unit.
Global Holiday Celebrations Research Assignment: Help students learn about different cultures, celebrations, and faiths with this holiday research assignment. Students will work in pairs to research 1 of the 16 suggested holiday and/or cultural celebrations. Students could also choose to research a local holiday or cultural celebration.
Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Analysis Unit: Use this 5-lesson unit to help your students examine this important event in World War 1 history where British and German troops stopped fighting for Christmas.
Christmas Writing Prompts: These writing prompts are a “no prep, just photocopy and go” lesson. When students use these interactive writing prompts, they get to get up and stay moving. Students use the 8 different Christmas-themed story prompts to think creatively about what might happen in each scenario. Students move around the classroom to answer their classmates’ story-writing prompts.
Christmas Creative Writing Assignment: Use this choice board to help your students enjoy the holiday season while practicing their writing skills. Students will select the role of one character – Santa’s Elf, Christmas Turkey, Gingerbread Man, Christmas Tree, or Museum Curator – and create a written product based on the writing prompt. Students select from 1 of the 5 different writing options using the RAFT format (Role, Audience, Format, Topic).
New Year’s Goal Setting Activity and Reflection Sheets: These reflection sheets are a no-prep activity that gets students excited and engaged during their first week back at school. Help your students self-reflect with this step-by-step goal-setting activity. Students will activate their reflection skills in a group setting and then transition to the independent task.
Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle Includes:
- Detailed Unit Plan
- Teacher Instructions
- 6 Christmas-Themed Resources
- Assessment Rubrics (Levels and Points)
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides versions
- Individual PDFs of Student Pages
- “Saved me big time! Needed a good last couple of weeks’ worth of useful activities before the holiday. This is it!”
- “That has been a lifesaver the past few days as we head towards the break.”
- “Great help for the season! Keeps the academic mindset.”
- “My students and I really enjoyed these activities. It was fun, yet still engaging at the craziest time of the year! Great product!”
Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle – Resource Notes:
- Regular, reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF
More Christmas Resources:
- Christmas Non-Fiction Article
- Christmas Creative Writing Assignment
- Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Analysis Unit
- Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle