Middle School Christmas Activities Bundle | Digital and PDF Versions: This middle school Christmas activities bundle contains 4 different lessons to complete with your classes during the month of December.
Global Holiday Celebrations Research Assignment: Help students learn about different cultures, celebrations, and faiths with this holiday research assignment. Students will work in pairs to research 1 of the 16 suggested holiday and/or cultural celebrations. Students could also choose to research a local holiday or cultural celebration.
Christmas Truce of 1914 Media Analysis Unit: This cross-curricular unit for the historical World War 1 event is called the “Christmas Truce of 1914”. This event took place between the British and German troops along the western front trenches in France. It is explained to students using a variety of media types: readings, videos, and songs.
Middle School Christmas Unit: This engaging Christmas Unit contains 6 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading and writing skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Christmas traditions and prepare for a holiday-themed discussion about current Christmas customs. *This resource is focused on the North American commercial Christmas – this is not a religious unit.
Christmas Writing Prompts: These writing prompts are a “no prep, just photocopy and go” lesson. When students use these interactive writing prompts they get to get up and stay moving. Students use the 8 different Christmas-themed story prompts to get thinking creatively about what might happen in each scenario. Students move around the classroom to answer their classmates’ story writing prompts.
All resources contain individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™.
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other LMS systems
- Detailed unit plan and teacher instructions
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment rubrics (Levels and Points)
- Answer keys for lessons
- “Saved me big time! Needed a good last couple of weeks’ worth of useful activities before the holiday. This is it!”
- “That has been a lifesaver the past few days as we head towards the break.”
- “Great help for the season! Keeps the academic mindset.”
- “My students and I really enjoyed these activities. It was fun, yet still engaging at the craziest time of the year! Great product!”
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF