Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Smartphone App Privacy
Use this Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness lesson on Smartphone App Privacy to help your students develop a deeper understanding of app privacy. This engaging lesson covers the ways smartphone apps can make your phone less secure. It shows students real-world examples of privacy invasion.
Save time and buy the bundle – Media Literacy Bundle 2.
This lesson is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
- 1 Media Literacy Lesson
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Graphic Organizers
- Journal Entries
- Extend Your Learning Choice Board
- Answer Keys
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
- Video Quiz + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment + Rubric
This lesson plan would be a great starter lesson for Grade 7 or 8 Digital Citizenship, Language or Health classes to discuss app privacy.
- “This was perfect for my class!!”
- “My students loved this assignment! I love the subject matter and chose this lesson because the students enjoy lessons that they can relate to.”
- “I liked using this with my 7th-grade students.”
More Media Literacy Resources:
- Fake News Unit
- Media Literacy Bundle 1
- Mockumentary Unit
- Media Literacy – Review Writing
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
Resource Notes: Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource.