Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Smartphone Addiction
Use this Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness lesson on Smartphone Addiction to help your students develop a deeper understanding of why people are so attached to their phones. Students will learn about the causes and consequences of smartphone addiction.
Save time and buy the bundle – Media Literacy Bundle 2.
This lesson is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2.
- 1 Media Literacy Lesson
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Graphic Organizers
- Journal Entries
- Extend Your Learning Choice Board
- Answer Keys
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
- Video Quiz + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment + Rubric
This lesson plan would be a great starter lesson for Grade 7 or 8 Digital Citizenship, Language or Health classes to discuss smartphone addiction.
- “This resource is a great connection between media literacy and technology safety (in health education). It sparked awesome classroom discussions!”
- “This was perfect for my class!!”
- “Very engaging for my 7 and 8s. Thank you!”
More Media Literacy Resources:
- Fake News Unit
- Media Literacy Bundle 1
- Mockumentary Unit
- Media Literacy – Review Writing
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
Resource Notes: Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource.