Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Orange Juice
This engaging Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson will help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness by learning about what ingredients are inside store-bought orange juice.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
This lesson is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 and Media Literacy Bundle 1.
- Regular, reliable internet access is required for this resource.
- Internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- Curriculum Link: This set of lessons can be used for consumer awareness, media literacy lessons, and some subject-specific lessons.
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outline:
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
- Video Quiz + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Includes:
- Differentiated and engaging activities
- Answer keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- Detailed lesson plan for teachers
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Teacher Feedback:
- “My students thoroughly enjoyed this! We will actually be going into Day 3 with it as we completed Day 1 and then jumped to the Extension of Learning for Day 2 and on Day 3 I am going to bring fresh made orange juice and store-bought and we are going to have our own taste test – this got the kids excited – and then we will go back to Day 2 and write our insights. Some of the kids prefer Apple Juice as well so we may incorporate that as well.”
- “My students loved this resource because it also led into a debate about which orange juice is best. They were so engaged and interested in the topic.”
More Media Literacy Resources: