Media Literacy & Consumer Awareness – Expensive Shoes | Digital and PDF Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and media literacy with this engaging lesson which questions if expensive basketball shoes are actually worth the price. This lesson examines several popular brands and explains what was found when they tested each shoe.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
This set of lessons can be used for consumer awareness or media literacy lessons discussing how companies pressure consumers to donate.
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
- Video Quiz + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- “Overall, a solid resource. The students really enjoyed the material. As always, your resources are excellent and straightforward. I absolutely love all your units. They save me so much time. Worth every penny.”
- “My students were thrilled with this topic and current video. This was a great engaging topic.”
- “This is like gold….we have no resources at all for the intermediates, so this was perfect for my class. Many thanks!!”
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource.
- Internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF.
- Differentiated and engaging activities
- Answer keys
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- Detailed lesson plan for teachers
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access