Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Breakfast Sandwiches
Help your students develop a deeper understanding of media literacy and consumer awareness with this engaging lesson on the truth behind popular breakfast sandwiches. This Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness lesson examines three popular breakfast sandwiches and discusses the nutritional content of each one.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This lesson is also included in the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 and Media Literacy Bundle 1.
- Regular, reliable internet access is required for this resource.
- Internet must be able to access online video sources.
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom-compatible PDFs included.
- Curriculum Link: This set of lessons can be used for media literacy lessons or as part of your Health Curriculum where healthy eating and nutrition facts are a curriculum focus, i.e. Ontario Health Curriculum Grade 7 & 8.
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outline:
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Breakfast Sandwiches Questions and Graphic Organizer
- Journal Entry Assessment (2 Options)
- Breakfast Sandwiches Quiz
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Includes:
- Differentiated and engaging activities
- Answer key
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- Detailed lesson plan
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Detailed teacher directions
Media Literacy and Consumer Awareness Lesson – Teacher Feedback:
- “This is nice and easy to use in my classroom, not a lot of prep required. My students loved this lesson and it really got them thinking about what they are ordering.”
- “Engaging and easy to use!”
- “Very engaging”
- “I love everything you publish.”
- “Looooove anything you publish. Great media lesson! Thank you!”
More Media Literacy Resources: