Lose Now, Pay Later Short Story Lesson
This short story lesson on “Lose Now, Pay Later” by Carol Farley focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
NOTE: Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included. This resource is NOT editable.
This lesson is also included in Short Story Unit 1.
Short Story Lesson Includes:
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- “I had not heard of this story before, and so I read it before purchasing. It was a great addition to my short story unit, and this purchase really helped me get the most of it. I love the way it helps students organize their thoughts and emphasizes the concepts I wanted to cover.”
- “Excellent collection of literacy activities based on a short story. Thank you”
- “My students liked the organizers for literary elements and devices!”
Are you looking for short story units?