Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment
Do you want your students to be informed and engaged about important social issues in any content area? Try this no prep, print and go, Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment.
This can be used with any type of non-fiction text, news broadcast, documentary, or video on any topic in the content areas, e.g. Science, Math, History, Geography, or World News. Teachers are provided with a gradual release framework to scaffold this assignment for students.
This assignment is also included in the Oral Presentations Bundle #1 and the Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1.
Click Here To View The Preview
Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment – Resource Includes:
- A detailed teacher lesson plan explaining how to use this strategy in guided practice – modelled, shared, and independent.
- Sample Hot Topic practice
- Student assignment sheet and graphic organizers
- Oral presentation rubrics
- Step by steps student instructions on how to create classroom discussion questions on the chosen hot topic
Hot Topics Class Discussion Assignment – Teacher Feedback:
- “LOVE this! My students constantly discuss hot topics in class and I love using this to bring it into practical use and research.
- The organizers are great!”
- “Thanks for the assignment! It is a fantastic way to keep the kids informed of the current events while hitting curriculum expectations!”
- “Great product for use in any class! Easy to use!”
- “Great resource! I can’t wait to use this for my Social Skills class as a way to get my students talking!”
More Engaging ELA Resources: