Health Lesson & Consumer Awareness Food Label Claims | PDF & Digital Formats: Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and their health with this engaging lesson on misleading food labels. This lesson examines several popular brands and explains what was found when they examined the food label carefully (salt and sugar content).
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
This set of lessons can be used for consumer awareness lessons (discussing how companies advertise their product as a healthier option, but in reality, the food label tells a different story) or as part of your Health program. This lesson discusses the contents of popular brand-name processed food.
- Introduction to Consumer Awareness
- Healthy or Junk Food Questions
- Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
- Healthy of Junk Food Quiz
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- “Yet another engaging and thorough resource. Thanks!”
- “Such a great resource that you can use for language and health!
- “Excellent as always.”
- “My students love these media literacy lessons! It’s a great way to add a little media literacy every month!”
- “I love cross-curricular resources! Great for both Media Literacy and Health.”
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan for teachers
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access