Health Lesson: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Healthy or Junk Food?
Total Pages: 25 pages
Answer Key: Included
Teaching Duration: 90 minutes
File Size: 1 MB
File Type: PDF
Health Lesson & Consumer Awareness – Help your students develop a deeper understanding of consumer awareness and their health with this engaging lesson on misleading food labels. This lesson examines several popular brands and explains what was found when they examined the food label carefully (salt and sugar content). This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
This set of lessons can be used for consumer awareness lessons (discussing how companies advertise their product as a healthier option, but in reality the food label tells a different story) or as part of your Health program. This lesson discusses the contents of popular brand name processed food.
1. Introduction to Consumer Awareness
2. Healthy or Junk Food Questions
3. Journal Entry Assessment (4 Options)
4. Healthy of Junk Food Quiz
5. Extend Your Learning Assignment
Other Media Literacy Resources
- Media Literacy Unit – Analyzing Public Service Announcements and Commercials
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Clothing Waste
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Gender Price Differences
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Outlet vs. Retail
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Breakfast Sandwiches
- Media Literacy: Consumer Awareness Lesson – Misleading Food Labels
- Media Literacy Review Writing 16 Lessons
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this resource
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF, with Google Classroom compatible PDFs included
- differentiated and engaging activities
- individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1 to 1 technology classrooms
- detailed lesson plan for teachers
- lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
Exclusive Resources For Teachers
Subscribe to get engaging lesson ideas and special subscriber only bonus lessons like our Rant Writing Unit sent directly to your email address.