Middle School Halloween Unit | PDF and Digital Formats: This engaging Halloween Unit contains 5 different activities that will help reinforce your students’ reading and writing skills. Students will learn about the historical background of Halloween traditions and prepare for a Halloween discussion about current Halloween customs.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Lesson 1: History of Halloween Video & Readings
- Lesson 2: Halloween Opinion Writing
- Lesson 3: Halloween Opinion Fishbowl Discussion & Paragraph Assignment
- Lesson 4: Halloween Around the World Reading
- Lesson 5: Halloween Creative Writing Assignment
- *Halloween Creative Writing Assignment can be purchased separately here.
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides format of the lessons
- Detailed unit plan and teacher instructions
- Lessons divided up with title pages for easy access
- Assessment rubrics
- “Engaging and just enough challenge.”
- “This was a great resource to use with my kids as one of their guided writing/reading centers”
- “Used this for a fun break from our normal routine. Students enjoyed it!”
- “Great resource that my students enjoyed working on and I found easy to use.”
- “Awesome resource for the craziness that often surrounds Halloween!”
- “Love the ease of your units! Thanks again for another great resource”
- “Awesome resource. Very adaptable for younger grades. Can’t wait to use it!”
- Regular reliable internet access is required for this unit
- Internet must be able to access online video sources
- This resource is a non-editable PDF
Related Holiday Resources: