Halloween Creative Writing | PDF and Digital Formats: In this Halloween Creative Writing Assignment, students will select one of the provided character roles: pumpkin, costume store owner, street light, black cat, unwanted candy and create a written or visual product based on the character’s specific writing prompt.
This “no-prep – just photocopy” and teach creative writing assignment gets students excited and engaged during Writer’s Workshop or any ELA writing lesson.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning e.g., Google Classroom and Google Slides format.
Included in this Resource:
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- 1 Halloween Creative Writing Assignment
- 1 Standards-Based Grading Rubric (Level 1 – Level 4)
- 1 Points-Based Grading Rubric (Provides a final percentage mark)
- Google Classroom ready PDFs
- Google Slides format
- “Great Halloween assignment!”
- “Love this resource! Thank you for sharing!”
- “Great for my 8th-grade class and we transition into creative writing!”
- “Lots of choices provided for students to choose from in this creative writing assignment.”
- “I always love your resources.”
- “I’m hooked on your resources! It’s exactly what I have done and would do! But with saving time.”
Want To Learn More About This Format?