Groundhog Day Non-Fiction Article
This Groundhog Day Non-Fiction Article resource contains 1 non-fiction article (modified and regular text) and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO), and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included student pages for 1:1 technology schools.
Click Here To View The Preview
This Groundhog Day Non-Fiction Article Resource Includes:
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular text)
- Audio file (mp3) of each article
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
- “I’m so excited to share this with my students this next week. They are going to have a lot of fun with this activity.”
- These are a fun way to get nonfiction standards in. They are interesting for the students on the holidays. Thanks!
- Good article easy to read!