Grade 8 History French Edition: For teachers who already own the full unit bundle for Grade 8 History Strand A and B – this will allow for paperless classrooms and distance learning.
This resource is a collection of premade Google Slides lessons that allow students with technology to type directly on the slide. No additional Extensions or Add-Ons are needed students will just use Google Slides. Each lesson from the full unit has been made into a digital lesson for any pages requiring student output.
- Watch this video to see a digital expansion pack in action.
Note: This is NOT a complete unit – this is an expansion pack for the complete unit located here.
This expansion pack is aligned with the Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand A & B.
Need other Social Studies digital expansion packs? Click here.
Strand A Lesson Outline
1. Why Do We Study History?
2. How Did We Get Here?
3. How Has The Map of Canada Changed?
4. Life in British North America Prior to 1867
5. Fathers of Confederation Monologues
6. Politics in the Province of Canada
7. John A. Macdonald Personal and Professional Life
8. Confederation Advertisement Assignment
9. The Pros and Cons of Confederation
10. The Charlottetown, Quebec and London Conferences
10B. Missing Voices at the Confederation Conferences
10C. British North America Act
11. Confederation Unit Test
12. Primary Source Analysis Videos and Photos
13. Legal Documents
14. Settlement of Western Canada Inquiry Stations
15. Manitoba Act 1870
16. The Indian Act 1876
17. Louis Riel Obituary Assignment
18. Canadian Pacific Railroad Lyric Analysis
19. Canadian Pacific Railroad Assignment
20. Primary Source Analysis, Video, and Creative Writing – The Gold Rush
21. The Chinese Immigration Act 1885
22. The Arctic and Indigenous Case Law
23. Numbered Treaties
24. Residential Schools
25. Video Review
26. Western Canada Unit Test
Strand B Lesson Outline
1. Settling Canada Top 10 Events
2. Primary Source Analysis
3. Historica Minute Videos
4. Canada A People’s History Video
5. Interactive Timeline
6. Changing Map of Canada
7. Important Canadians QR Codes
8. Important Canadians Readings
9. Changing Society Inquiry Stations
10. Primary Source Analysis Assessment
11. Legal Issues and Changes
12. Class Newspaper
13. Changing Society Unit Test