Grade 8 History Strand B Modified
This modified unit is for classroom teachers who are required to teach the Grade 8 History Ontario Curriculum but have students working significantly below grade level in reading, writing, and comprehension.
Each of the 10 lessons aligns with a critical concept in the Ontario Grade 8 History Curriculum but has significantly reduced reading and writing expectations within the lesson. An MP3 audio file of each student reading has been provided. This resource was designed to meet the needs of ELL students and/or students on a modified IEP.
Click Here To View The Preview. Watch the overview video for this resource .
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning, i.e. Google Classroom™.
- The unit also has Google Slides™ versions of the included lessons for 1:1 technology schools.
- Curriculum Alignment: Grade 8 History Strand B Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018
Grade 8 History Strand B Modified – Lesson Overview & Modifications:
- Changing Society (Reading/Cut & Match)
- Changing Society Videos (Videos)
- Changing Map of Canada (Analysis)
- Historical Figures Assignment (Reading/Poster Creation)
4B. Important Canadians: QR Code Scavenger Hunt (Scavenger Hunt/Cut & Match)
- Technology Inquiry (Inquiry)
- Primary Source Analysis (Photo Analysis)
- Legal Issues in Canada (Reading/Cut & Match)
- The Telegraph Age (Reading/Fill in the Blanks/Morse Code)
- A Changing Society Unit Quiz (Unit Quiz)
- 10 Modified Grade 8 History Strand A Lessons
- MP3 Audio Files of Student Readings
- Self-Marking Google Forms Quizzes
- Detailed Teacher Instructions
- Google Slides version
- Individual PDFs
Other History Resources: