Grade 8 History Strand A FRENCH Edition – Creating Canada 1850-1890
In this Grade 8 History Strand A French Edition unit, teachers are provided with 21 in-depth lessons to help their students explore and understand this era of Canadian history. This unit contains information about Confederation and the settlement of Western Canada.
- Included in this resource are answer keys and individual PDFs of student pages to support online learning such as Google Classroom.
Curriculum Alignment: Ontario Social Studies Curriculum 2018 Grade 8 Strand A.
This Grade 8 History Strand A French Edition unit is also part of this bundle – Grade 8 Canadian History Bundle French Edition 1850 – 1914
Click Here To View The Preview
- Student pages are in FRENCH, and teacher pages and answer keys are in ENGLISH.
- Regular and reliable internet is required for this unit.
- Research is not included for inquiry stations. Students must gather the research themselves from a textbook, non-fiction books or online sources.
Grade 8 History Strand A French Edition – Strand A Lessons
- Why Do We Study History?
- How Did We Get Here?
- How Has The Map of Canada Changed?
- Life in British North America Prior to 1867
- Fathers of Confederation Monologues
- Politics in the Province of Canada
- John A. Macdonald Personal and Professional Life
- Confederation Advertisement Assignment
- The Pros and Cons of Confederation
- The Charlottetown, Quebec and London Conferences
10B. Missing Voices at the Confederation Conferences
10C. British North America Act
- Confederation Unit Test
- Primary Source Analysis Videos and Photos
- Legal Documents
- Settlement of Western Canada Inquiry Stations
- Manitoba Act 1870
- The Indian Act 1876
- Louis Riel Obituary Assignment
- Canadian Pacific Railroad Lyric Analysis
- Canadian Pacific Railroad Assignment
- Primary Source Analysis, Video, and Creative Writing – The Gold Rush
- The Chinese Immigration Act 1885
- The Arctic and Indigenous Case Law
- Numbered Treaties
- Residential Schools
- Video Review
- Western Canada Unit Test
Grade 8 History Strand A French Edition – Unit Includes:
- Detailed unit overview
- 26 different lessons
- Lesson plans for each lesson (detailed teacher and student directions)
- Interactive note-taking graphic organizers
- Assessment for, of and as learning breakdown
- Learning goals in student-friendly language
- Lessons are divided up with title pages for easy access
- Lots of variety and student choice on assignments
- Q Chart to help students formulate good questions
- Inquiry stations research folder cover pages
- Inquiry station cards with detailed instructions
- Inquiry station graphic organizers to help students with their research
- Inquiry station student notes sheets
- Oral presentation assessment rubric
- Historical content assessment rubric
- Differentiated assessment formats
Grade 8 History Strand A French Edition – Teacher Feedback:
- “I love this resource. I had to purchase it again, as I am teaching online, but I don’t mind as it really is a great resource. Lessons are well put together and interactive. Thank you.”
- “Many of these activities go great with the NS grade 7 curriculum, as well – I am super excited to try it with my students! Thank you!! :)”
- “I love all of Kristy’s resources! This is fantastic, the French is well-written and the activities are super engaging for the students. I really enjoy how there is a mix between the types of activities: teacher-led, student-led, or inquiry-based.”
Need The Next Unit?
Grade 8 History Strand B FRENCH Edition – Canada A Changing Society 1890-1914